Western Maryland City Ballet Company is The City Ballet School’s professional training division. Serving as our studio company, our goal is to provide advanced training and performance opportunity to serious minded dancers and to prepare dancers for future work in a company. The company performs 3 times a year including The Princess Tea Party, The Nutcracker, and a spring performance in addition to several other guest performances. Dancers in the company are mentored and guided to gain recognition in the dance community in order to further their training on a professional level.
WMCBC will be holding open auditions for company members and apprentices
Saturday, September 18th 2021 - 11:00am -1:00 pm (10:30 registration)
- Ladies must be at least 12 years old and have at least one year of pointe training to be eligible to audition.
- Gentlemen must be at least 12 years old with previous dance training.
- Audition fee is $15
- Dancers selected as company members or apprentices take company class with ballet mistress Amy Wrobleski on Saturday mornings from 11:00am-12:30pm beginning on October 2nd.
- Dancers rehearsals may be scheduled between 1:00 pm – 5:30pm on Saturdays and 1:00pm- 7:30 on Sunday afternoons. Some rehearsals will be held through the week but not all company members will rehearse during these times. The company season runs from October 2nd through May 15st with Attendance is mandatory for all classes and rehearsals.
- The cost for participation is $425 for the year and covers all classes, rehearsals and costume fees. Company dancers must audition for The Nutcracker and the spring performance, but do not pay participation fees as they are covered in their company fees.
- Questions regarding the Company season or company auditions should be directed to Danielle Horochowski at firstname.lastname@example.org